Tuesday, October 15, 2013
New Anthology Featuring Oklahoma Writers of Color - Call for Submissions - Deadline November 1, 2013
Call for Submission for a New Anthology Featuring Oklahoma Writers of Color
Quraysh Ali Lansana and Dr. Jeanetta Calhoun Mish , in collaboration with Mongrel Empire Press, seek to publish the writing of People of Color born and/or raised in Oklahoma. Though the editors prefer writing that speaks to some aspect of life in the Sooner State (politics, history, culture, the land, etc), all topics and genres are welcome. This anthology will be the first to document exclusively the lives of minorities in Oklahoma. We are looking for essays, interviews, short fiction, poetry and personal reflections for publication that explore life in Oklahoma as well as the state’s rich history.
1. All manuscripts must be typed. For multiple page manuscripts the
title of the work and page number must appear on each page.
2. Manuscripts may be e-mailed as an attachment in Microsoft Word or in RTF.
3. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically.
4. A cover letter must be included with your attachment(s) listing the titles of submitted works and contact information. Also, please include credit information if submitting previously published work.
5. All submitted material must include an e-mail address. Submissions without contact information will not be considered.
6. The deadline for consideration is NOVEMBER 1, 2013.
No phone calls will be accepted regarding submission status.
Submissions will not be accepted by fax transmission.
Please send submissions to:
Oklahoma Writers of Color Anthology
e-mail general questions only to email@example.com
Info can also be found on Facebook: